What is Shatavari Kalpa?
Shatavari Kalpa is an ancient ayurvedic concoction of shatavari and elaichi. It is not only increase the production of breast milk but also reduces pain, fatigue and general weakness in the mother. Shatavari Kalpa provides bestows energy and overall nourishment to the new mom. Apart from the new mom, this formulation can also be taken by women of all ages to improve immunity and stamina during their menstruation, post-natal period and also during pregnancy.
Here is given more about shatavari kalpa:
- Synonyms: Shatavari Kalpa Granules
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Classical Medicine
- Main Indication: Improving breast milk
- Suitable for: Women
- Dosha Effect: Reduces Vata and Pitta
Composition and Method of Shatavari Kalpa
In each 10 gm of the formulation contains:
- Shatavari Asparagus racemosus root – 4 gm
- Elaichi / Ela Elettaria cardamomum – 0.05 gm
- Sharkara / Sugar – 5.95 gm
- Wash both elaichi and shatavari under running water.
- Keep it under the sun for 4-5 days until all the moisture content gets removed.
- Grind both of them together into a powder.
- Pass the powdered herbs through sieve no.100 to get a fine mixture.
- Melt sugar in a large bottom vessel.
- Add the powdered herbs to it.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Allow it to cool and then roll them into small granules.
- Dry the granules completely.
Store in a container in a cool dry place for future use.
Ayurvedic Actions of Shatavari Kalpa
Stanya janana: These herbs can increase lactation; e.g. fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) and Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus).
Brmhaniya: These are nourishing herbs that are full of the water element.
Pharmacological Actions of Shatavari Kalpa
Anti-inflammatory: Reduces pain and inflammation by acting on body mechanism.
Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other harmful substances.
Carminative: Prevents the formation of gas thereby treats flatulence and abdominal distension.
Estrogenic: Shatavar contains estrogenic compound or phytoestrogen and hence balance estrogen levels, stop bleeding, and support the restoration of the endometrium.
Galactagogue: Promotes lactation in women when taken in prescribed doses.
Health Benefits of Shatavari Kalpa
01: Shatavari kalpa, a concoction, is believed to increase breast milk supply – low milk production is often an issue with new moms. This can happen due to reasons like anemia, low blood pressure, or simply stress. Taking Shatavari can help facilitate and regulate milk production.
02: Shatavari also helps women through every stage of their lives. It helps to regulate menstrual cycles, alleviate menstrual cramps, manage PMS symptoms, and control the amount of blood lost. It may also help with fluid retention and uncomfortable bloating before a period.
03: Can assist in fertility issues: Shatavari contains some beneficial ingredients and it is believed that its consumption can increase the chances of conception.
04: It has antioxidant properties – helps to prevent free-radical cell damage and fight oxidative stress.
05: Racemofuran found in shatavari has significant anti-inflammatory capabilities.
06: Shatavari is believed to enhance immunity. It may be useful in relieving cough and treating diarrhea. It is also believed to treat kidney stones.
07: It may help in blood sugar and anti-aging.
08: Gastric problems can be cured – Shatavari is believed to treat gastric problems. Its dried roots are turned into powder and are believed to be good to cure ulcers and other ailments occurring in the gastrointestinal tract. Know more about health benefits of Shatavari.
Dosage of Shatavari Kalpa
- The recommended dosage 1-2 teaspoon with warm milk.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- Or take as directed by the ayurvedic practitioner or doctor.
Suggestions and Side Effects of Shatavari Kalpa
- It is absolutely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- It is better to be taken after delivery.
- It should not be taken during diabetes due to sugar content.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drugs and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Since shatavari is related to asparagus, People having an allergic reaction to the asparagus plant family should avoid consuming Shatavari formulations. These allergic reactions can be in the form of rashes, itchy eyes & skin, dizziness, fast heart rate or worsening of asthma symptoms.
Companies Making Shatavari Kalpa
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores. Since it is a classical medicine, it is manufactured by many Ayurvedic Companies, below name of some are:
- Baidyanath Shatavari Granules
- Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited, SDL Shatavari Kalpa
- Ayurved Arkashala Shatavari Kalpa
- Omkar Ayurved Mandir Shatavari Kalpa
- and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.
If you found this article informative, take a moment to share it with your friends and family.
Stay healthy stay strong and get the best out of life.
Thanks for reading!